Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33 -

JohnC64

Hi All,

Well at long last clear night!!!.  Out until about 2pm and then the clouds came rolling back in.

So last night M33 came over the trees at the start of the evening so it was too good an opportunity to miss.  Decided to get a complete set of LRGB so at least i would have something to play with, even if with a reduced amount of subs it would give me some noise.  The weathers been so bad lately that if I start a project, by the time i get to go out again, the target has moved out of range.

There was some drift in the focus during the night so I've had to cherry pick some of the subs.

L:10 x 500s

R:10 x 300s

B:10 x 300s

G:7 * 300s ( in came the clouds)

No darks or flats yet.

Still not convinced at my colour balance but will go back around the processing loop for another go. (Especially as its raining now!!)

It was a very good night visually, Milky way was very clear and got the bins out for a sit in the deckchair for a couple of hours whilst the imaging was on the go. M31 very nice, Also M45 showed up later :-).

Anyway heres my stab at M33 -

Cheers John

post-12165-0-84662000-1409570964_thumb.p

Cheers all for the feedback.

Yes Martin, I have had a couple of  processing loops on this today, but found them a bit too psychedelic  if I boosted the colour in the galaxy.  I do prefer the more neutral look.

Many thanks  all
John

Had a bit of time so had another tweak of the colours and managed to squeeze a bit more colour out.  Probably about as much as i can do with this unless i get another nights data.

Thanks for all the comments

John

Edit: reduced size for upload

post-12165-0-76947900-1409694075_thumb.j

Archived