Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, its really appreciated thanks.  :smiley:

Any tips on focussing Dan?

I focus as I would with anything else. Seems to work okay. So star/planet/moon whatever. I currently use a bahtinov, just make sure you lock the focuser down. Unless you have a really snazzy scope/focuser it can quite easily shift as you move East to West. 

Also it goes without saying but check there is plenty of room for the camera cable...I've had it snag before which obviously ruins everything. 

Did you notice the supply craft ahead of ISS. Due to dock sometime today.

Nigel

Unfortunately I didn't :sad:! I saw pics afterwards but during the pass I was transfixed on the ISS. I'll have a look tonight...unless its already docked?

Dan

What was your exposure setting on the ASI can I ask?

I had mine set at...

Shutter=2.042ms

Which may have been too much.

Also I had gain at 0 so maybe I should boost that to get the shutter speed down. This was in a 6" scope though.

Had a bit of a shocker tonight as hair went in my eye as I was manually tracking it...squinting at the telrad circles through watery eyes haha :embarrassed: . 

Took these frames with my skywatcher 200p @ f/10. 

attachicon.gifISS.png

Dan  :smiley:

Hi Dan, - perhaps ridiculous question - did you use a barlow or just the ASi?!

Archived