NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun in WL and Ha - 4/8/14

DrRobin

Hi,

I much prefer this solar imaging from abroad, what with work getting in the way and then the sun going down over a neighbour's house far too early, it's a wonder I can get any solar imaging in at all.

Anyway, after the sun cleared a neighbour's TV aerial about 19:20 I got this white light and Ha image with my GT102, before it went below the roof top.

Robin

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-4-8-14-1-wl-0

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-4-8-14-2-Ha-0

Yes, time passes very fast when you are on holiday and in a sunny place.  I was really pleased how the Ha came out, it was boiling all over the place and this shot was taken just before the sun went behind the roof.  I aligned for another on the big filament, but the roof shadow was already racing across the frame, so didn't get chance.

Robin

That's great that it came out fine despite the boiling :laugh:  It was bubbling this morning for me, so with a bit of luck, they will stack okay! This was my last go with my faulty Quark, which is now back on its way to SCS Astro as they have my replacement waiting to post out :)

Yes, time passes very fast when you are on holiday and in a sunny place.  I was really pleased how the Ha came out, it was boiling all over the place and this shot was taken just before the sun went behind the roof.  I aligned for another on the big filament, but the roof shadow was already racing across the frame, so didn't get chance.

Robin

Archived