Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

20 second M8....

laser_jock99

....gotta love these fast Newts- the 20 second framing sub for M8 Nebula.

M8 Sagitarius 12" F2.9 scope, 20s @ ISO3200 Fuji DSLR

DSIR9648_1024_zpsc54d97b8.jpg

.....now to process the main stack!

careful mate, posts like this will put us slow frac owners right off you ;).

Agree fast newts are the way to go but they need to be mechanically robust.

I found the Keller 0.73 reducer a nightmare to produce a flat field on my newt and endind up selling it due to frustration.

At F3.8 collimation was difficult and it showed up my scope mechanics or lack of then.

They do eat photons as youve shown.

Mark

Agree fast newts are the way to go but they need to be mechanically robust.

I found the Keller 0.73 reducer a nightmare to produce a flat field on my newt and endind up selling it due to frustration.

At F3.8 collimation was difficult and it showed up my scope mechanics or lack of then.

They do eat photons as youve shown.

Mark

I agree - working at F2.9 is not for the faint hearted. You need to be prepared to do some serious scope modifications (on the budget F4 scopes at least) and even then I'd recomend re-checking collimation/focus between subjects.

The key I've found is to find a decent laser collimator and you're 90% of the way there.

Still - all my Newts are also fast F4 instruments- even without a reducer they are not exactly slow!

Archived