Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A very quiet Sun

baggywrinkle

Yes. All quiet on the face. Had a quick look - like you, cloud dodging - in Ha this evening.

However, there are still interesting prominences, three of which are large. But we're all missing those wonderful sunspots which have disappeared 'over the limb', aren't we ...

Very nice. Yeah just the two spots I can see but those proms are looking lovely through the PST on a very nice warm evening here. Not often I can sit out with just a t shirt & G&T at this time.. Mind you, starting to get bitten to bits ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not very quiet at 7.45pm this evening, spectacular eruptive limb prominence. I've always been a bit sceptical about seeing changes in real time visually but today there was no  denying it. Pity it happened so late as our false horizon would have hidden further developments. Checking up on GONG subsequently showed that we saw the best of it.   :smiley: 

Big coronal mass ejection on Sunday visible in h-alpha. Pretty cool actually because at one point it looked like an angel circling the sun. Then after 30 mins it turned into a pretzel :D NASA posted an absolutely stunning image of this forming on Astronomy pic of the day, which rather put me and my trusty pencil to shame - but it was cool to see 

But yes, not much going on on the surface in the way of spots etc.

All the best

Tim

post-37954-0-47222600-1405984689_thumb.j

Archived