Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone fancy a night out tonight ?

Matthew

Mr flibble and I are heading up to Blaenavon for a few hours tonight.I know the moon has just passed full and its not particularly dark , and its short notice but spending a evening under clear skies with my mates is too good to turn down.....so...who else in interested ?

We will be there at 8pm.

I'll try and get there if possible guys. I'm in the middle of getting my gear together for a 10 night spell, starting tomorrow, at Pencelli Castle under the stars. (Have to keep Mrs Rees sweet :rolleyes: )

If I get there it will be just for a natter, all my astro gear is packed away.

Gaz, Steve, sorry you couldn't make it. The skies cleared after the Moon rose with just a few patches of cloud lingering.

a perfect night for Luna' tics, lol.   Was good to get up to the site again, do some observing and catch up with friends,

would be nice to do it more often; hope this weather continues into the dark nights ahead.

Thanks for the lend of your jacket Matt, I'd still be there now fossilised without it. Perhaps you could let me know what model it is, I'll certainly try and source one.

It was a helly hansen jacket tony, im not sure which one it is but its very warm !!!!.it was great to get out for a few hours and an excellent time to look at some of the brighter objects in the night sky.

Archived