NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Disassembling an AZ EQ6 GT?

Mark_C

No, that's a steel washer stuck to the roller bearings. The last picture is the empty casting.

That was my thought - is there supposed to be 1 either side of the bearings, as that would make sense?

Just stripped mine down and there is one either side of the bearing but it may be stuck to the casing inside with grease. I am photographing it all to show you mine. You have checked that the finer clutch plate doesn't have grease on it haven't you!

Yes, I've cleaned and dried it 2 or 3 times.

I wonder if I've put 3 washers in the RA axis, or 1 washer was missing? The mount is 2nd hand, not new.

Thanks for doing some photos, I hope they help.

Right - as I guessed, I had 3 washers on the RA axis - I can only assume one was stuck and when I reassembled it, I didn't notice, therefore having 2 on 1 side of the rollers.

I wrongly assumed they were spacers used when tested in the factory (like shims). Obviously not!

Moral of the story - check twice!

It's back together now and appears to be fine (offload), so tonight if it's clear and not too windy. I'll set up outside and test with weight on.

For others wanting a photo guide, I haven't got photos of every stage, but now know how it all works.

it really is straight forwards, probably easier than the HEQ5, so am happy to help where needed.

I tried it both ways with the same result. (i.e. washer brass side and casting side of the rollers).

All 4 roller bearings (2 large, 2 small) have a washer either side.

• 1 month later...

I tried it both ways with the same result. (i.e. washer brass side and casting side of the rollers).

All 4 roller bearings (2 large, 2 small) have a washer either side.

Hi!

What are the references of the bearings ?

It seems there is a NK 40/20 TN needle bearing, a ball gearing (40 mm ID) and a thrust gearing (AXK type, but what diameters ?).

I need these figures to calculate the periodic terms of the AZEQ6 mount for PecPREP.

Fred

Hello again!

I was waiting to do more measurements of guiding performance after cleaning and regreasing only RA axis.

Buuuut, now I have problems with my ASI120MM (my guide camera), so I think it is better you make your own opinion:

https://instagram.com/p/4PqMT5nfWl/

I'm really happy with the results!

Enviado desde mi Aquaris E5 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes there are make sure they are fully loosened so you don't damage the thread when undoing the black collar. You will then be able to pull the Ra axis out and remove the ball bearings and thrust bearings, just make sure you lay the parts out in the order that you extract them.

Mike

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Not yet Mike

I am working my way up to it.

Before i do this please tell me how i remove the counterweight shaft from the mount body...i need to get this out for a problem i have with the mount for the secondary saddle whose bolt that you tighten down onto the cw shaft has sheared and i need to somehow drill it out...the cw shaft seems to be trapped somehow in the body of the mount

An earlier question was posed on where you can get additional power connectors, after much searching I've managed to find these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-Wire-Panel-Connector-GX12-2-Pin-Male-M12-Circular-Aviation-Plug-Connector-/381337396899?hash=item58c97ae6a3, which unfortunately come from China, although I believe there is an Italian supplier as well.... 

If only Synta had used the more common GX16 series, which are available almost anywhere....

Not yet Mike

I am working my way up to it.

Before i do this please tell me how i remove the counterweight shaft from the mount body...i need to get this out for a problem i have with the mount for the secondary saddle whose bolt that you tighten down onto the cw shaft has sheared and i need to somehow drill it out...the cw shaft seems to be trapped somehow in the body of the mount

Seems like the cw shaft can only be removed out from the primary scope side of the mount (i'm in alt az mode only with this mount)..and to do this i need to remove the second scope saddle holder from the shaft which i cannot as the one bolt that secures it to the cw shaft has jammed and the top of the bolt has sheared off

Help