Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How do u observe near to a wood where there are brown bears and wolves???

LB-10-LB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friends come with me, Smith and Wesson. I do not worry when they are around.

That bear opening the car door was something else. Glad the owner did not leave the keys in it as I bet that bear would have driven it away! After all, they do ride bikes! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the evidence against wolves was about zero? From what I've read they have no history whatever of attacking humans. Boars, at least the ones round here, are extremely wary and tend to keep well away from humans with good reason. A boar injured by the hunters might be aggressive. The big danger with boars will be driving to your site. They can knock you off the road and hitting them at speed would mean a high speed crash, possibly into trees. Now bears, yes, there I would be seriously careful! And snakes if you have poisonous ones.

Olly

.... The big danger with boars will be driving to your site. They can knock you off the road and hitting them at speed would mean a high speed crash, possibly into trees. Now bears, yes, there I would be seriously careful! ....

Olly

Olly this is not as crazy as it sounds. When I lived in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory there were a few accidents where inexperienced drivers wrote off themselves hitting cows at night and during the day a pair of german tourists in a small VW hit a horse broad sides . Quote Pte. Fraser, " A terrible way to die".

Jeremy.

Yeh crashing into wildlife ain't good.

Wolves tend to go for dogs rather than people but you don't want to get in the way.

The idea of fighting off a bear with a laser pointer made me chuckle :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Archived