Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need SkyWatcher finderscope as guide scope adapter picture

wetcoaster

I bought the C mount guide scope adapter for SW right angle finder from Modern Astronomy. I have misplaced the item and have no recollection whatsoever what it looks like. There isn't a picture on MA's web site and Bernard must be watching the FIFA Cup because he hasn't responded to a request for a picture. I am hoping someone here has bought the adapter and won't mind sending me an image of it. My other problem is that I am at my cottage and am asking a daughter to look for it for me at home. Without being able to describe it, she is more than a little skeptical!

Don

Greetings from Tiree and welcome.  Hope you found what you wanted without causing your wife too much hassle!

I live in a Surrey but it is a city of 500k, not a county! 

It isn't my wife but an adult daughter. She's really busy at work (university lecturer at exam time). Without a good description she's going to balk! I have a liberated wife and 3 liberated daughters so my head of household authority is limited to my mind and/or their whims <VBG>.

Don

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Here's a link to a website selling what I think you're after (link).  I believe it's the thing on the right of the image.

Thanks OTG but that is a C-mount nosepiece.  I actually own three of those nosepieces. The adapter I am looking for has the male C-mount threads on one side and male threads on the other with a diameter equal to the back end of a SkyWatcher finderscope. It connects a C-mount camera like my DMK41 to the finderscope.

Perhaps you should post this in a more appropriate subforum where you won't get all these off topic replies from people who didn't bother to read the post (as well as more attention from those who will)

Perhaps you should post this in a more appropriate subforum where you won't get all these off topic replies from people who didn't bother to read the post (as well as more attention from those who will)

I agree but I was so new that I didn't realize what forum I was posting in. I couldn't figure out how to move it either.

I agree but I was so new that I didn't realize what forum I was posting in. I couldn't figure out how to move it either.

We've all been there :)

I don't believe you can move your own thread.

I'm not sure if you reposted this in the help section, but I'd recommend doing so. I doubt many people read this sub-forum.

Archived