NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Experiments with an achro and dslr

Trevor N

Always good fun trying out new ways to image. I used a standard SW 120 achro for this image and a Canon 1000D. Some false colour present but a tweak in PS got shot of that. You can see Hadley Rille in the apps image and hopefully a hint of the rille down the alpine valley near Plato. I always use the tiny craters in Clavius to gauge seeing. Trevor

post-2351-0-32208600-1402435890_thumb.jp

post-2351-0-25303800-1402435917_thumb.jp

post-2351-0-05769700-1402435952_thumb.jp

Trevor, very good as usual, you always get your focus razor sharp, some thing i struggle with for some unknown reason. 

Nothing wrong with using Achro fracs for Lunar imaging, first shot of the Lunar surface with my TAL had a tiny bit of colour, but took a while for me to spot it (about 3 months)

Thanks to all. I've never tried stopping down to get rid of CA.This was the full 120mm aperture. In some ways the dslr live view seems smoother than my imaging source but that may be wishful thinking. Trevor

stopping down increases the focal length (I think) be interesting to see what it does to the magnification

stopping down increases the focal ratio, not length, so does not increase the magnification

Archived