NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Neither Dover nor Folkestone

OscarTheGrouch

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi; welcome to SGL. Hope you get some successful viewing  done tonight.  I`m not far away; just a few miles north of Ashford . :smiley:

Hi Stridor,

It was a good, clear night last night.  I had a productive night - fixed the motor drive on my scope and discovered that my moon filter is pretty useless!!  Are there any groups nearby that meet regularly?  I'm looking for something to get involved with.

Welcome to SGL Oscar.

Why the Grouch bit then, any particular reason, like your poor skies perhaps? :grin: .

We all get those at some time. The UK is not  the most  Astro  Photography friendly Country on the planet.

However, our image boards will give you an Idea of how successful many of our imagers are, despite the dodgy skies.

Good luck with your photography. Perhaps piggy backing your camera on the scope with a wide lens will 

reap some rewards. You can get some nice Milky Way results that way.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Welcome to SGL Oscar.

Why the Grouch bit then, any particular reason, like your poor skies perhaps? :grin: .

We all get those at some time. The UK is not  the most  Astro  Photography friendly Country on the planet.

However, our image boards will give you an Idea of how successful many of our imagers are, despite the dodgy skies.

Good luck with your photography. Perhaps piggy backing your camera on the scope with a wide lens will 

reap some rewards. You can get some nice Milky Way results that way.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Hi Ron

The Grouch bit is just a bit of fun, but I have enjoyed some quite poor skies recently - I get a sense of achievement when I have my scope lined up and manage to catch a glimpse of whatever I'm aiming at as it peeks out from behind the cloud cover!!

Thanks for the suggestion on piggybacking.   That's something I'm going to be looking at in greater detail once I'm more experienced.  At the moment, photographs are more "Oh look; the moon! Let's shove the adaptor on the camera and take a quick snapshot", but the images I've seen on this site have really inspired me to get my act together and start learning!!

Archived