Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clearest night so far

Last night turned out to be a wonderful night for me, seeing index and cloud was not forecast to be excellent so I went out just hoping to get a quick glimpse of Saturn etc. got out and noticed Jupiter was just high enough and in a clearing between trees to see so i got my 8mm lens and was not disappointed although some cloud came over it rather fast i got my first super clear view showing correct colors and lots of detail, quickly moved onto Saturn and got excellent ring separation and banding even though high light pollution and distortion from rooftops of the houses opposite me. Then I got the 15mm eyepiece in there and my breath was literally taken away there was so many stars in every angle and it stayed so wonderful right until the Sun came up.

I hope you all had a great night stargazing like I did and lets hope for more very soon

Down here on the south coast, it was very good.

I packed up about 3, in the end.My garden faces

West, so I have to wait till everything, comes

over my house.Managed to image,Juipter,Mars,

Saturn,& the Moon.Best ever night.

Steve

Similar story, 9.30 ish to 12.30 ish, but the sky was pretty turbulent and my best viewing

of the moon was with 18mm BST(50x), still very enjoyable though.

Later I tried Saturn but 100x was the max, with a 9mm Ortho, again enjoyable

but sharpness came through fairly infrequently.

Tonight though is shaping up nicely, just need the wind to drop a bit.

Archived