NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Moderators

bingevader

Ah, thanks! I said I'd been busy.  :smiley:

I did try searching for "New Moderators" threads and bizarrely I found none. Interestingly, though, when you search for "Jaffa Cakes",  the "New Moderators" thread is nearly at the top!

Bit off topic:

Did a search in SGL for "jaffa cakes" it returned 259 results.

Ok I`m not from the UK, but I do know what a jaffa cake is.

But still dont get it. I mean jaffa cakes?

Rune

Bit off topic:

Did a search in SGL for "jaffa cakes" it returned 259 results.

Ok I`m not from the UK, but I do know what a jaffa cake is.

But still dont get it. I mean jaffa cakes?

Rune

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jaffa+cakes&client=firefox-a&hs=ERu&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=R9KMU6rYJcLKsQSaoIGgBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=969

A small, harmless chocolate covered sponge with orange jelly in the centre. Compact and bijou, they can pop easily into the mouth of an average observer whilst in the field, keeping astronomical equipment free from greasy fingerprints and pesky crumbs. Can be washed down with a mug of hot java, or beverage of choice.

Joking aside, it's one of those 'in jokes' that can pertain to astronomy forums...or just probably this one...it's meant to be an astronomer's favourite snack to reach for whilst getting the munchies during an observation session.

Archived