NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quiet Bank holiday Monday sun in Ha (26/5/14)

DrRobin

Imaging just after 9:00 today as we were going for a long walk with the dog.  The seeing was very good and nice and stable.  Unfortunately the sun looks a lot quieter than in recent times.  Just as well I started early, by 09:45, the cloud had increased.  It has been sunny spells most of the day, easily long enough for Steve, but not enough for a 9 pane mosaic.

I did spot a prom, it asn't very bright, but did have a bright central spot.  The prom here used 1/8th sec and 800 gain, quite high for my normal settings.

Robin

Sun - 9 pane mosaic.  Quiet day.

Sun-26-5-14-auto-b.jpg

False colour

Sun-26-5-14-auto-c.jpg

The prom

AS_p30_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-26-5-14-prom-

Very nice, Robin, the activity on the disc still looks fabulous :laugh:

Zip for me today, cloud, cloud and more cloud, but the queue for image stacking is going down :laugh:  And I even managed to trim a hedge!

Hopefully Sarah will miss this thread, but for me, the prom bears an uncanny resemblance to the Queen in Aliens :shocked:

Nicely caught , looked promising up your neck of the woods on Sat24 ...  :laugh:

You're so right about the gaps , surprisingly big bits needed for a 3 or 4 minute capture in video , hence no close-ups from me today ...  :p

Pretty sure I shall be AWOL for a couple of days , judging by this ... http://www.forecast.co.uk/kennett.html?v=per_hour ...  :mad:

Thanks guys.

Luke, alien queen or a giant spider I think?

Dazzaa, yes a 0.5x FR will get a whole disc in one go, but if you look at your Barlow image there is much more detail. Try a mosaic, stack each pane, sharpen a little, then use Autostitch or Microsoft ICE to stitch the image, you will get so much more detail.

Robin,

PS our dog got a really good walk, about 10 miles and she is now lying down in front of the telly, fast asleep.

Archived