Hello from Berkshire, UK!

Oortrageous

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear you are enjoying the the 114, as you say it's not the best scope but it is still capable of some decent views, and it also makes a nice landscape scope.

If you are off to Dartmoor for dark skies I recommend staying away from Princetown, which is the major source of light pollution on the moor.

Hi Oortrageous welcome to SGL to you and your partner, best of luck with your camping on the moors in Oct and Nov, though certainly not my cup of tea at that time of year, enjoy :)

Haha, yeah to be honest I love cold weather camping - I'm fortunate she humors me, but the wood burning stove in the tent helps!

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear you are enjoying the the 114, as you say it's not the best scope but it is still capable of some decent views, and it also makes a nice landscape scope.

If you are off to Dartmoor for dark skies I recommend staying away from Princetown, which is the major source of light pollution on the moor.

Great tip, thanks very much! We don't know much about the area as of yet so that helps tremendously :)

Archived