Wanting a 2nd Scope !!

Hi to all at SGL

Have been thinking of getting another scope, am looking to buy a refractor to do a bit of visual & planetary when chance may arise, not looking to go to mad maybe upto 100mm maybe lil more if weight allows as with be using with my eq3-2 (EQ5 legs). I do like the look of the 100ED with extras for 625 of FLO's site, but was wondering if there was anything else that is good as or mite give it a good run for its money but cheaper & get some nice eyepeices with the savings, decisions, decisions. ive been reading review after review last month or so on the TAL100RS, EVO120, even thought of a MAK127, each seem to have there pros an cons as per usual but cant make up my mind?

so was wondering if you guys mite have any suggestions ?

anything be appreciated

regards

john

I'd go with a Tal, can't speak about the others but got mine about a week ago and loving it. Sure the tube paint is a little rough round the edges but from what I've seen so far, I have been impressed by :)

My friends did think I had just bought a rocket launcher tho...

I like my Mak127.  Unfortunately I haven't tried a Tal100RS but I wouldn't swap it for one unless I really wanted a frac (e.g. solar Herschel wedge), I can't say if it would be better just that I'm quite happy with it's performance and compact size. 

Archived