Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crescent and Frustration - Single sub!!!

JohnC64

Ok I am officially getting peeved by the cloudy weather that we are getting.   This has been the  4th time i have set up this month and I only have a single sub to show for it.

Yesterday looked promising, clear during the day, with a little high cloud, but the best day so far. Checked the weather forecast and at said, clear sky all night!!.

Everything was set up, mount aligned, balance good, focus  spot on.  (FWHM  was about 1.6 )and guiding was ticking away just nicely.  I  took a sample shot to check that framing was good and  everything looked just right.  Ok here we go........

...... THEN THE CLOUDS ROLLED IN - ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHhhhhhh

Waited until 1:30am and then called it a day.   (Rant over  - sorry needed a rant)

Anyway without further ado,  here is the grand result of all that effort.  A single 5 minute sub of Crescent (NGC 6888) with QSI683 plus 3nm Ha filter on the MN190.  Histogram stretch, noise reduction and a sharpen to bring out the details.

Cheers John

post-12165-0-77664600-1400409873_thumb.p

And a crop of the nebula

post-12165-0-82306000-1400409941_thumb.p

Cheers Sara,  I would have been so chuffed with this image a year or so ago.  I just know that with more subs it could have been so much more. 

Ah well we don't do this hobby because its easy i suppose :-)

Thanks John

Yep, looks good for a single sub...

Looks great for 1 sub John - I feel your pain, I have constant cloud at the moment and so many things I need to test. It's really most annoying.

"Constant" cloud for you Sara probably means you only get 10 hours of imaging per night instead of your usual 11... :evil:

"Constant" cloud for you Sara probably means you only get 10 hours of imaging per night instead of your usual 11... :evil:

If only that were true Stuart ........... I've taken a real hammering of late, utter pants :smiley:

and I'm back out again tonight. the weather gods must have heard my cries and I have another clear night. Just setting up guiding now back on this target :-)

I'm joining you on that one :) I'm out imaging as we, erm, type?

Anyway good luck :)

Cam

Archived