Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not a successful night

Hi Guys

Not sure what to look at tonight . so decided to look at M86 and the M numbers close by. Did find the stars in the area but not the objects I desired. I shall look on a darker night.

Is there anything I should be looking for at the moment or something a bit easier to see?

Ironically, I too have had a disastrous evening and M86 figured highly in my plans too! Having got set up, calibrated, focused and Markarian's Chain beautifully framed, I wondered why my guide star images were washed out - yup, total cloud cover had crept in!! So, I'm creeping off to bed ..........

M86 isn't the easiest target so how about M13, M92 and M3 globular clusters - all easy to locate and you can't miss them through the eyepiece?

Started to haze over and cloud up as it went dark after a beautiful day. Optimistically put out a scope, but gave up about 11.50 myself, when even easy targets were hard to see or enjoy - M13 was only just visible, M57 only a feint ghost, no real detail on saturn (which was my primary target for tonight), and Vega a pale shadow of what it should be.

The good news is, it wasn't me. It would have been nice if we all could see our targets, but I was beginning to think I was not seeing properly.  i had some definite targets last night, and thought I had failed miserably.

I set out to see M51 at the start of the evening but had trouble as it was directly over head. But that is another story.

Archived