Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Am I the only one ?

cutepetgroomer

Am I the only one that will not use a finderscope at all? I'm glad my new scope doesn't have one because I never use the my old scope has anyways. I just use other methods and they work to suit me, now of I could just figure out how to view mars in me new scope, it seems the altitude is too high (from standing or sitting a good 90 degrees) my new scopes max altitude seems to be around 45 degrees maybe slightly higher. When I get home I can show pictures of the new scope .

Ok so I have had some success in viewing mars tonight. I used drafting tape to secure the new scope to the old tripod and it worked. Given that I know Bette than to expect awesome views right away I am happy with the view I got, and it's a warm night so far

Ok so I have had some success in viewing mars tonight. I used drafting tape to secure the new scope to the old tripod and it worked. Given that I know Bette than to expect awesome views right away I am happy with the view I got, and it's a warm night so far

some viewing is all ways better then no viewing! well done, glad you got to view Mars :D

Yes I am glad too :) I am learning how to use the 6mm eyepiece (with surprisingly excellent eye relief) still and the new 20mm ep as well. I have yet to try the Barlow though, I suppose when I do I too will start with one ep at first as well

I have tried that actually and it made no difference. I did find a tripod that will take my new scope however, it's a matter of ordering it when funds allow it now. It shouldn't be too costly on the wallet well the hubby's wallet that is :)

Sounds like maybe there is some hinge bound going on then if rotating it did not help.

Perhaps you could do a better adaptation to your other tripod

to accept this scope for when you want to view higher.

Clear skies :-)

Could you not retract tripod leg, sufficiently to allow you to reach higher latitudes.

It would need to be the northern leg, and make sure the tripod is sufficiently secured, so it won't topple over.

A temporary solution of course.

Ron.

Well, the old scope uses .965 format where the new one can as well but it's on the 1.25 format and I got an adapter from my instructors for both scopes (apparently that was the prize for showing the most enthusiasm and high grades) so sharing eps is only a minor headache but completely doable. :)

Archived