NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EM200 working again!!!!

This is a follow up to this http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,22761.msg232974.html#msg232974

Feel very embarrased now!

Well this month's donkeys ears award goes to me! Quick word with Nick Hudson at Trutek. He diagnosed the problem within 10 seconds. The had set appears to be a lead wired into the internal circuitry but is actually a DIN type plug which can come loose. Took hand set apart, not obviously loose but gave it a good hard push and everthing is working. Nick was confident the problem would relate to the hand set. Very unusual apparently for the drives themselves to malfunction and then not both at the same time. Why didn't I think of this last night. that would explain why it slewed to Betelgeuse and then wouldn't move when I started using the handset. Stupid or what! I could easily have moved the scope from the computer.

Still, I think it has helped me re evaluate things a little. Getting much to intense with this imaging business. Need to take it a bit steadier. It really isn't the end of the world if I miss a clear night, the stars aren't going to go away.

Still, I think it has helped me re evaluate things a little. Getting much to intense with this imaging business. Need to take it a bit steadier. It really isn't the end of the world if I miss a clear night, the stars aren't going to go away.

Exactly my point Martin.

Mike

That's really great news Martin, appreciate your thoughts on getting too involved -that probably applies to most of us and the 'feedback effect' of forums like this probably unintentionally exacerbates things as well.

Bet you're glad you got the dob though 'just in case!' :D

Cheers

Mark

Like all the others I am delighted you have the equipment problem rectified Martin.

Don't be your own worst enemy, and let it dictate the best part of your free time. You must do other stuff that has a relaxation content.

You have a great expertise with imaging, but doing it to the exclusion of all else will gradually erode your enthusiasm, and possibly your ability.

Ron.

Archived