NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Set up new telescope

So yesterday I got my new telescope. It was rather easy to set up it didn't come with a finderscope, no big deal I can always get one if I feel I need to. It came with a dew shield , Barlow lens (3x) , 6mm ep, 20mm ep, an erecting lens and a prism. I can't complain because the aperture is 70 mm and it has some great views from what I could see last night through the clouds.

Congrats on your new scope. :)

Do you have the make and model to hand? It should be stated (usually) on a plate on the tube. Does it have a lens at the front or is the tube open ended? And does the eye piece protrude from the back or out of the side? Knowing these items will help us to offer better advice should it be needed.

Congrats on your new scope. :)

Do you have the make and model to hand? It should be stated (usually) on a plate on the tube. Does it have a lens at the front or is the tube open ended? And does the eye piece protrude from the back or out of the side? Knowing these items will help us to offer better advice should it be needed.

Yes, please let us know what type it is. It does make a difference as folk on here can give better advice if you have any problems or questions. The main thing is to enjoy.

My first scope was a 60mm and I had fun with it.

The box it came in inside the shipping box has a small logo studiopro. Never heard of but I love the views so far. 70mm aperture is a huge improvement from the 50mm aperture I had before. I still have the first one though. It has a focal length of 300mm. It was rather windy last night so I can say that if it wasn't for the shakiness of the wind, I would have had perfect images of some stars. I am still getting use to using the new eyepieces that came with it especially the Barlow lens, from what I've read online it can be placed either before or after the diagonal. The table top tripod I love so far because I can easily use it on my hubby's car no problem. I can say that this should have been first telescope but for a refractor I'm not conplaining, I'm saving up for a reflector though . I know each type has their advantages and disadvantages so it makes sense to have one of each at least.

I admit I pulled out the 50mm one and I think I'm retiring that one. Now to find a decent tripod that will allow me to use my scope at near 90 degree angles. I have the new scope on the old tripod but it's secured with tape. Unless I lucky by finding the right setup time for the tabletop stand it came with.

Archived