Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M82 SN2014J then & now

Ewan

Thought i would share this as i have only managed 10 hours imaging since getting the AZ

It's just a small comparison of the above title, i took the first shot shortly after it initialy happened & the second one ladt night.

Last nights is only in L & 30 mins sorry not much detail but it does show how the SN has now dimmed but still there is something there. AZEQ6 C8 @ f6.3 guided with phd2.2.2

post-11075-0-12056300-1399877403_thumb.j

post-11075-0-10420100-1399877475_thumb.p

Hope you find it interesting thanks for looking.

Aside from the now dim SN you have a good image of M82 there. Taken with the C8 I assume?

ChrisH

Sure was Chris, the AZ doesn't even notice it has the C8 on it to be fair.

The detail i managed in 30 minutes has got to be partly the mount's fantastic tracking as well as a good focus point i guess, the image is several 300 & 420 sec subs, i wish now i had gone for at least 600's but hey ho maybe next time.

Nice comparison, somehow I haven't imaged this SN, seems like it is a bit too late now...

You will still be able to grab a shot as its directly above at a good position.

Archived