Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lovely Morning

Pig

Nice sunshine this morning, unfortunately I have to go to work :shocked:

I know if I risk getting the scope out it will be 10:30 before I know it and then I will need to think of a reason for being late :grin:

I am tempted but I have only been at my new work place for a month :shocked:  Is it worth the risk !!!

Ah what the heck, Going to get the scope :grin:

Ah well it looks like the clouds have made the decision for me <<<<<<<< off to work I trot :shocked:

Danny, I didn't quite get to see the Sun, another 5 seconds and I would have got a glimpse :smiley:  good old English weather

Just got in half an hour before getting ready for the women's cycling tour in Felixstowe. Some things just have to take priority ;)

Some amazing sunspots this morning plus the usual proms, nothing spectacular. Did i say how amazing and big the sunspots are?

Apologies for the hurried sketch complete with grass stains.

post-16912-0-05292900-1399619767_thumb.j

We have some lovely sunshine here in between the clouds, I am getting lots of breataking views of the sun.

There is a lovely big prom around the 2 O'clock position displaying a lovely arch shape, another large explosion around the 6 O'clock position is in progress and there are a few smaller proms scattered around the other areas of the disc

The sunspots are nothing short of glorious, some of them black as coal and very large, as shown in Prag's very accurate drawing above, the equinox is giving spectacular results with the Herschel wedge and Nagler zoom. I am gobsmacked at the views.

Surface detail is also excellent with lots of Plage, granulation, swirling moustaches all shown in that beautiful orange colour our sun shows in Ha :laugh:

Was crystal clear here all night , right up until the point where the Sun poked his head out , 5 minutes later it was raining ....  :embarrassed:

A little better later on with some decent gaps , but a very strong blustery breeze means they're flying by ...  :p

I had a nice solar breakfast before work. I love this time of year, can't beat a bit of Sun early doors :laugh:  Especially now I have my little sun trap corner that gets some early rays.

There was a lovely prom on the Western limb, a little bit shaped like what I think is a Poplar tree. I managed to take a few snaps and then the clouds came in. I thought I had blown my chance to get some white light at last :shocked:

I got ready for work and just in time a clear patch came, so I managed to nip in with a quick capture and look. The disc was stunning in white light, with that dense patch of spots. I should have done the white light first, it was so beautiful.

Archived