NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter at F30 with a 127Mak

So while setting up for a my long awaited session to capture Mars, I decided to image Jupiter while I waited for Mars to clear the neighbours roof.

As Murphies law would have it and much to my annoyance at a incorrect Metoffice forecast, thick clouds rolled in straight after my practice run on Jupiter. :(

Anyhoo ... I had my little Mak at F30 or 3.8 Meter focal length and focus was pretty good.

I must say seeing the image, I think the seeing was not as good as I thought it was on the night.

(Again, met office stated that transparency was very good, but I must say I have had better.)

So this is what I got, but alas Mars will need to wait for another night.

post-32740-0-39430600-1399481292_thumb.p

That's a nice image despite the weather issues. :)

You say the Met a Office forecast of transparency were incorrect. Can you point me to their transparency forecast please, didn't know they did one.

Cheers

Ian

That's a nice image despite the weather issues. :)

You say the Met a Office forecast of transparency were incorrect. Can you point me to their transparency forecast please, didn't know they did one.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks,

On the met office app it shows a eye and says good or poor. This is not actually transparency, but rather visability, I.e amount of pollution in the air.

If you use something like astro panel, you will get a better indicator of transparency.

Thanks for looking

nice image, i find the only whether forecast i can rely on is looking out my back door to see if its clear as for the actual "seeing" again no substitute for being out there. although if the jetstream is not over the country it does seem to help.

nice image, i find the only whether forecast i can rely on is looking out my back door to see if its clear as for the actual "seeing" again no substitute for being out there. although if the jetstream is not over the country it does seem to help.

I know I often resort to sticking my head out the door to look up, as some of my best sessions have been these unexpected ones :)

Archived