NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at Mars

thenews24

Hello,

Last night had the C8 just doing some visual observing after receiving my new 2'" diagonal and 2" eyepiece. Was watching Jupiter set, and decided to stay out until Mars rose above my easterly treeline. 

I normally prepare whenever I do any imaging, but after looking at Mars through the eyepiece for a bit, decided to throw in the dmk21 in my new diagonal. Brought out the computer, and had IC Firecapture running in seconds.

I tried at prime focus for a bit, with good results, but decided to throw in the 2.5x power mate. I had to amp up the gain so I could keep my 60fps. Took about 3000 frames. cannot quite remember how many frames I kept form that 3000, but was able to resolve the polar ice caps and surface features.

I know it's possible to get better results with an 8" scope, but for the impromptu session, and below average seeing conditions, I was very happy with these results. My first Mars Image! (Color added in PS)

Thanks!

post-20418-0-41143600-1398632772_thumb.j

yes you should get more than that
this was my ASI 120mc with a SW 2X Barlow using my SW 200

when you process the video upscale the image by 1.5 - 2.0

I normally do this in registax and set the re sampling to somewhere between 1.4 and 2.0 at the stacking stage of the processing

but you managed to get some detail so well done
maybe a bit less colour added would help

post-34443-0-78428800-1398634006_thumb.p

I use both Sharpcap and firecapture, though firecapture is used most
I like a lot of the features and layout, my only issue is the ROI area, using it via the keyboard is slow
sharpcap you can just drag and dropthe ROI box

I guess its horses for course's
give both a try and see what works for you

I use both Sharpcap and firecapture, though firecapture is used most

I like a lot of the features and layout, my only issue is the ROI area, using it via the keyboard is slow

sharpcap you can just drag and dropthe ROI box

I guess its horses for course's

give both a try and see what works for you

when you say "slow via the keyboard" what do you mean, is this selecting it or frame rates once selected?

yes you should get more than that

this was my ASI 120mc with a SW 2X Barlow using my SW 200

when you process the video upscale the image by 1.5 - 2.0

I normally do this in registax and set the re sampling to somewhere between 1.4 and 2.0 at the stacking stage of the processing

but you managed to get some detail so well done

maybe a bit less colour added would help

I've never tried that before in Registax. How do you upscale the image? Do I do that before alignment in registax?

Thanks for your help

Archived