collimation

Have you got an old 35mm film cannister you can put a 2mm hole in the middle of that or put a 2mm hole in the cap that goes in your focuser and just put a piece of insulation tape over it after.

but how do i collimate, what do i have to do or look for

Hi

Just to say - don't! Unless you are really sure it needs to be collimated. It's only a small aperture newt with a short focal length so I suspect that, if it's new, it's unlikely to need collimating - unless you've dropped it or fiddled with it...

Just a thought.

Louise

I agree with Louise. Why do you think it needs it?. Are you sure it needs it?. How are the views through the scope?.

Maybe it does need it, maybe it doesnt. Can you stick a camera into the focuser and take a picture?. That will show if it really needs it or not.

I've just posted elsewhere, but following from Paul ^¨

Look at the pics in this post.

You will see what I started with and what I finished with.

Note that the secondary was visibly and measurably out in my case.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/214784-focuser-alignment-issue-on-a-10-newt/#entry2300099

But you really need to be sure that things are off before tweaking.

Rich

Archived