Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 04/04 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Nice conditions tonight and may just hold for a bash at Mars in a few minutes.     Here are two quick RGB captures, the first at F17 and the second at F18 - both drizzled 1.5 and then upscaled 150% in Gimp:

3400mm f/l vs 3800mm f/l:

post-26731-0-81354200-1396651065_thumb.p   post-26731-0-16586000-1396651080_thumb.p

Quite happy with these for late in the season, though suspect I missed the best of the seeing/transparancy slightly earlier.

I've not seen a hint of clear sky in ages.  Not much hope in the current forecast, either :(

JamesSorry you had no joy last night James, a shame as you really seem to have got that C925 to perform looking at your last Jupiter images.    Hope to see some good Mars images from this direction over the next week!   Perhaps another gap coming through on Mon/Tue night, though will wait and see how the forecast develops over the next couple of days.

managed a bonus 3 hours last night before the clouds rolled in, at least it gives me some more data.

Look forward to the results Pete - I ended up dumping 125GB of data last night as my 500GB hard drive was running out of space.    I usually PIPP this and archive anything reasonable, but had forgotten to sort through in advance.     Nothing great lost - I hope ;)

Doing well there Jake, very nice Jupiter images. :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

Thanks Mike - I'll take a fresh look at the data tonight, but nice to end a generally poor season on something of a high note.

Archived