Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette

Dave Moulton

Taken two weeks ago

40 mins Exposure Canon 350D Baader Mod + Astronomic CLS Filter through a Skywatcher ED80

Mount EQ6 Pro

Guiding : Meade DSI through a Meade 10" SCT Pulse guided using PHD Guide and EQMOD

I hope to add some more data to it soon as it is overcooked (a nasty habit of mine overcooking)

Cheers

Dave

post-14400-133877336952_thumb.jpg

Nice image , Dave

The CLS filter goes well with a modded 350D. With my 130mm APO I need at least 80mins of exposure at 800 ISO. You did not say the length of your subs. You probably need at least 3mins ( longer if poss) to get sufficient detail.

John

Nice image , Dave

The CLS filter goes well with a modded 350D. With my 130mm APO I need at least 80mins of exposure at 800 ISO. You did not say the length of your subs. You probably need at least 3mins ( longer if poss) to get sufficient detail.

John

Hi John 130 APO that would be on my Christmas list, how does it perform visually.

Subs were 10 mins long about the limit for me with my local LP. Darks & Flats also

Dave

Subs are fine then , just need more of them. I often use 4 to 8 min.

130mm APO - put it this way - the capabilities of the scope exceed mine :D

It produces amazing wide field views and planetary views with no false colour at all.

John

Yes, a gr8 result for 40 mins Dave!

I've tried imaging the Rosette but end up with nothing but a rich starfield using a ED80 + modded 350d +Neodymium filter.

Perhaps my subs arn't long enuf at 3 mins, but my LP limits me to about 5 mins max.

Yeah LP is a problem for me as well. Before I bought the Astronmic CLS filter to combat my local LP I was restricted to less than 3 minutes. My max sub length now is 10mins @ ISO800 that filter although a bit pricey has made a dramatic difference for me.

Cheers

Dave

Archived