Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It has arrived.

Well it finally arrived earlier today, so excited :smiley:

not sure if I have assembled it right?? please could anyone tell me if I have done anything wrong...please excuse the pics they were taken on my phone

The Mount

post-35855-0-97157400-1395356084_thumb.j

The scope

post-35855-0-18122800-1395356132_thumb.j

Assembled?

post-35855-0-25861200-1395356181_thumb.j

Is that connected right?

post-35855-0-89404400-1395356276_thumb.j

I think you should have a little tray which is held by that threaded stud hanging down and locates on the tripod legs to stabilise the mount a little. Other than that it looks ok from here. Bet you can't wait to take it out!!

Hi

Well spotted, completely forgot about that, Doh!

Could I also ask if you know about the piggy back connector, I thought this would have been on top of the tube but mine is situated  on the right hand side when looking at it from behind? is this normal?  or am I being stupid

post-35855-0-53536000-1395358178_thumb.j

Regards

JemC

Jem, rarely do we use these scopes in a horizontal position and so when you rotate the mount head to look into the sky, the piggy back will be on top.

PS, remove the OTA and add the spreader plate NOW, without it, your tripod could collapse!!!

Cheers,

Rich

I would take the scope and weights off, then pop the spreader plate on as mentioned above. Then raise the legs about 1-2 feet to create a wider base and more central point of gravity (gives the whole rig a more stable platform).

Then pop the weights and scope back on and balance the whole rig in both axes. Once it's balanced properly you should be able to undo the clutches and move the scope to any position with ease, where it will just sit still without nose diving or slipping to the either side. Then you can lock up and track. Nice set up. :)

Hi all

I assume? the tripod leg with N on it faces north when set up?

Now to try and work out all the little dials and numbers :huh:  what they mean and how to use them.

such fun :laugh:

Regards

JemC

Yes ^, but is at this point that you need to lock the garage doors so that no one can see you, and do the most un-blokey thing possible, and 'read the manual'.

Just don't admit it, and you should be safe! ;)

Best of luck for a first light.

Rich

Yes the leg with N on faces north then polar align your scope to the pole star then your ready to go! :grin: ,

Enjoy your new scope & discovering the wonders of the night skies  :cool: .

Oh don't worrie about the little numbers at this stage they wont affect your viewing ! :smiley: .

Going to have to Google the manual and download it as it did not come with one,

all being well and skies stay clear, tonight will be a long and cold one, thermals and flask I think :smiley:

Just one suggestion for bigs scopes :D

Put a bolts through the dove tail just at the ends so when you set it up, point it up at the park position (as you have in the photo) the bolt is at the top and bottom - if the scope is not secure and the dovetail slips then the dove tail bolt then prevents the scope from slipping out of the mount completely and hitting the ground. The bolt position at the ends allows the balancing and adjustments without chaining the scope rings.

The same process can be applied to scope rings - using a ring on the outside of the existing scope rings.

Archived