Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first go....Be gentle !

ultramol

Lovely thin crescent and some nice detail.   As Michael said great focus and stacking more frames should help reduce the noise and yield more detail.     Did you convert the image to mono?    There is some nice subtle colour shading (greens/browns) in darker regions, which can add depth and mood to lunar shots, particularly on wider field shots.      

Well done, you nailed the focus, nice image :smiley: It's amazing how much stacking will help reduce noise or pull out even more detail, though I like the noise in your image anyway. I think sharpness/noise/level of detail is personal preference. One of my efforts was very noisy, but I kinda like it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. It was a single shot and I know the noise was very bad but I could'nt wait to put an image on here. After, I cropped and sharpened in PS5. I did take it with my 200p and now I am in the process of buying the relevant bits to get my canon going. The only thing that worries me is I used live view to focus and my 350 d has not got this and my eyes are not what they used to be.!!! What I hope to do is link my camera with a laptop and then adjust as I go along till I get it right. Thanks once again for your , may I say , very encouraging remarks...

Regards   Geoff

Jeff - you can use Cannon's eosutils on laptop, though most of us use BYEOS or APT - both are excellent, offer bhatinov focus aids and have demo versions you can try.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Jeff - you can use Cannon's eosutils on laptop, though most of us use BYEOS or APT - both are excellent, offer bhatinov focus aids and have demo versions you can try.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Jake the canon utility says it is  for the 30d camera, do you know if it works with a 350d ?

Jake the canon utility says it is  for the 30d camera, do you know if it works with a 350d ?

Sorry Geoff, but I'm going to have to defer on that one - I only tried it with the 1100d before graduating to APT, though I know that this will run with the 350d as will BYEOS - sure someone here will be able to give a definitive on this.

Nice shot but agree re the noise. However, it is a cracking angle you have caught it at plus is that a star bottom middle? Adds something IMO.

I think its a dead pixel or something, its in every shot. Should have cloned it out i suppose..

Archived