Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this image worthy?

peroni

Seeing some of the other Jupiter images posted over the last couple of days, I'm not so sure :-)

I'll post it anyway as it is my first attempt using my Canon 1000D liveview recording with  APT software.

Camera attached with x2 barlow onto an ED80 scope.

I recorded 600 frames for this image using the x10 zoom option in APT and stacked the best 50% in Registax 6.

So... thoughts on how to improve? Given the limitations of my less than ideal kit :-)

jupiter io transit + ganymede.tif

Just because you don't have ideal kit doesn't mean you shouldn't post images.  It's a tough thing to do with an ED80 and DSLR.

I'd start by trying for more frames I think.  No reason you couldn't start with a stack of three or four thousand.

James

Would be a good idea to save the image as a PNG or JPEG so that it is actually visible in the post ...  :smiley:

I am not alone in not wishing to download a picture just to view it ...  :laugh:

One picture posted for viewing.

post-15911-0-70055600-1394541862.jpg

Just because you don't have ideal kit doesn't mean you shouldn't post images.  It's a tough thing to do with an ED80 and DSLR.

I'd start by trying for more frames I think.  No reason you couldn't start with a stack of three or four thousand.

James

I have a whole load of data from Sunday. Typically taking 600 frames at a time but over about an hour or so. Not sure if I could add them together as the moon transit would become apparent.

I'll give it a go later on. Either that or I could knock up a movie show :-)

The choice is endless.

I'll definitely get out again and grab a lot more frames in one go though. Thanks for the tips.

Archived