NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1000d/maksutov 9/3/14

nightfisher

I managed to grab this single frame image this evening using the AZ4/150 pro mak and 1000d in prime focus.

This was taken @200 iso, 1/100 shutter, i think we have great potential here, im just getting to learn my way with 1000d

post-8850-0-85925000-1394397282_thumb.jp

That looks like an excellent shot for a single frame.

James

Thanks James, a bit over exposed but still getting used to the canon, i feel its pretty good on focus, an area that tends to let me down

Lovely shot Jules ...  :laugh:

Exposure wise you'd be better aiming for an 'under-exposed' sub , a dark image can be tweaked upwards afterwards but a shot with overblown areas can't be reduced later ... once it's saturated it's too late.

Then rattle off a hundred or so and stack the best ones to really bring out the detail , JamesF did a great tutorial for Lunar stacking ... http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/184192-full-disc-lunar-imaging-with-a-dslr/?hl=%2Blunar+%2Bstacking#entry1937750

And if you rotate the camera 90 degrees tonight you'll just get the whole thing in frame ...  :smiley:

Lovely shot Jules ...  :laugh:

Exposure wise you'd be better aiming for an 'under-exposed' sub , a dark image can be tweaked upwards afterwards but a shot with overblown areas can't be reduced later ... once it's saturated it's too late.

Then rattle off a hundred or so and stack the best ones to really bring out the detail , JamesF did a great tutorial for Lunar stacking ... http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/184192-full-disc-lunar-imaging-with-a-dslr/?hl=%2Blunar+%2Bstacking#entry1937750

And if you rotate the camera 90 degrees tonight you'll just get the whole thing in frame ...  :smiley:

cheers Steve, thanks for the tip of rotating camera, wont be able to stack unless on eq mount

Archived