NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Low power Televue EP's, recommended on their site

HumptyMoo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in your scope the 31 Nagler would be a keeper.  Large exit pupil, sharp to the edge, and spectacular in use.  Long eye relief, too.

However, the 21 Ethos has a higher magnification (darker background), a wider apparent field, incredible correction, and a wide-enough FOV for just about any object you'll care to view.

It's hard to choose, but the 21 Ethos is the very best eyepiece longer than 20mm that I've ever seen, and through the years I've used and sold nearly everything.

Sorry for the O/T, but are n52 magnets easy to get off a steel tube? If so then seems a nice counterweight solution.

I have done yes, I have a set of n52 neodymium magnets which would hold 10kg with ease, so having a quick attach/detach counter weight is academic. The only thing I haven't taken into account is if that would strain the focuser. From what I gather the stop bolt under the SW200p focuser could be tightened a little to counter that?

Make sure you pad the contact surface with something that won't scratch the paint/tube. Also don't go for the big ones, one or two 20mm x 10mm will do the trick...oh and keep them a good distance from your mobile phone/laptop etc, they are strong enough to kill sensitive electronics up close.

I have T5 31mm Nagler and 21mm Ethos and was looking at Orions sword last weekend through both and couldn't decide which I prefered so will have to keep both , I was contemplating selling the 31mm when I got the Ethos 21 but just can't do it.:)

Dave

I had a 24mm Panoptic for a while, an excellent tack sharp eyepiece which I used in a 4.8fl OO dob and a variety refractory until I swoped it for a GIRO III mount. No regrets however as I also owned the equally excellent 32mm TeleVue plossl, a often overlooked option imho.

I have T5 31mm Nagler and 21mm Ethos and was looking at Orions sword last weekend through both and couldn't decide which I prefered so will have to keep both , I was contemplating selling the 31mm when I got the Ethos 21 but just can't do it. :)

Dave

I'm in the same camp Dave. The N31 just shows that little bit more sky and I'd miss that when viewing really large DSO's or groupings of them.

Archived