Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first photo of the moon

Andy Milner

Finally got my telescope out tonight. Skywatcher Explorer 200P with EQ5 and dual axus motors. First time I've used it. First time I've seen the moon up close. First time I've photographed the moon. Man hooked already! Loving it!

Took this holding up my iPhone 5S to the eyepiece. Afocal I think it's called? Anyway I'd like to know how I did. I think my moon looks a little over exposed. I'm saving up for a Canon 1100d after reading around seems a good bet!

Any tips on improving this image in processing? Remember I've never attempted any processing so any tips and where to look and start? Thanks. Andy.

a5ezu2a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Andy, great first shot! Looks really sharp.

I hope you don't mind but as the weather is so bad here I have had a quick 5 minute play with your data in Photoshop 7.

I adjusted the curves and also did a bit of levels and a tiny bit of sharpening. I have rotated it and reduced the image by 50% to make the file a reasonable size for uploading.

post-21511-0-79163100-1392582925_thumb.p

Archived