Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible opportunity for tonight , maybe!

texaspete1973

I've just been thinking "wind" as well. My 7timer connection isn't working... Grr... Hoping for less windy nights. Will be home from 10pm. Hoping to quickly set up and let things roll throughout the night...

M81/82 maybe, not had a chance yet to image the SN...

I think. It could be a chance but the wind is not looking good for this evening.last night the wind here was Scary couldn't sleep for a long time it was so wild.

The moon is still quite bright as well at the moment but hopefully things are on the up next week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last nights clear sky's turned out disappointing again with thin cloud cover over most of the skies,  :clouds1: .

5 day forecast is no better with much the same hear  :huh:  :clouds1:  :clouds2:   :clouds2:  :clouds1:  :clouds2: . 

Is there no let up!  :eek: .

I tend to do lunar observations, doubles and variables with a bit of planetary during moonlit nights - still not perfect as some variables become very hard to see.   Not qutie the same a faint fuzzy hunting though.  I did get the scope out that night, but put it back away again, I was tired, there was haze.  Sometimes your just not in the mood ?

I did manage a couple of hours. Did a short run on the supernova and while that was happening in the obs got the Mak out on the patio. This was the first proper night with the 180 Mak with the new to me Moonlight. Concentrated on the moon and Jupiter and got the binoviewers out too. It wasd the first time I'd masnaged to see anything with them- previously struggled to get my brain to see both at the same time! Got some nice detail 3d-ish on the moon and I think more cloud detail on Jupiter :smile: Seeing was very steady, transparency varied a lot though. It wad cold and windy, but nice to be out!

Helen

Tonight's looking great! Have my gear set up. Used Astro Tortilla the first time. Does it need to stay switched on after it solved the pic within 1 arcmin?

Got my first 300s exposure of M81's SN!! Yay!! Positively giddy.

Well, am off to work in 30 min - hoping it stays calm until the morning. Weather forecasts differ widely between the different services...

Archived