floodlighting petition

Andrew*

After reading the govs reply I got the same impression as Andrew, :D basically " Go and stick Your petition where the light don't shine as we are not prepared to do anything about it". :lol:

Didn't really expect anything else from this bunch of self serving tosspots :D

Hi Andrew

I got the same email and was pretty peeved - it seemed the worst response I've ever seen to one of these petitions. We're powerless against it. The only thing we can do (apart from man the barricades or take direct action) is to bore everyone we know with the issue (my missus says I do that really well everytime I talk about anything astro related).

So dissappointed. Martin

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The Joy of living in a FREE Country! all things Bliss :insects1: :lol:

It's not free - it costs to live in our democracy. Sorry not so much a democracy as a "Euro :D type blow you peasant - give me your money and I'll spend it for you - Dictatorship". (And now they have made us unhappy :D because they won't do what we want and order people to - put that light out! :tearyeyed:)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The Joy of living in a FREE Country! all things Bliss :insects1: :lol:

It's not free - it costs to live in our democracy. Sorry not so much a democracy as a "Euro :D type blow you peasant - give me your money and I'll spend it for you - Dictatorship". (And now they have made us unhappy :D because they won't do what we want and order people to - put that light out! :tearyeyed:)

Careful lads or your going to cross the political borderline. :nono: :lol:

This thread should be about how we should be using our knowledge to educate people about the impact of poor lighting.

Please keep politics out of it. It breaks the SGL rules and this thread will be locked if it continues.

Martin I am with you, I can bore for England when it come to discuss the failure to use energy efficiently to meet our lighting requirements :D

As for educating the public just look how effective all the government adds to stop this or do that are.

The public have been conditioned to think they can do as they please under the rule of law which makes for an ever more 'blow you' dummed down society fed on the modern equivalent of bread and circuses. If you are in power you don't educate them - you use them to futher your ends. If you are us you are a minor influence group which has little chance of making Joe public do what we want.

But there is always hope brother!

Archived