Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

odd Maksutov

nightfisher

I spotted this on ebay, and as i was looking for a little scope to use on a supatrak mount, plus i rather like Maks, decided to get it

Its a Soligor 90mm with a focal length of 500mm....i dont see it becoming a dedicated Luna scope, but should be fun to try it out, could put the webcam in and see what Luna avi`s produce but thinking it might work well with the DSLR.

It came with a little camera tripod foot on it, so i modded it to take a little dovetail bar, may add a finderscope later but it might dwarf the scope itself   :grin:

post-8850-0-63671100-1390498400_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-17765800-1390498436_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-97146500-1390498471_thumb.jp

It looks like a scope to me the photo lens thingys have a helical focus ring, if it is around F5.6 it could give an ED80 triplet a run for its money.

Alan

It is f5.6, will be interesting to see how it performs on 30 second subs with deep sky

Yeah, there were several versions of this available back in the late 90's and early 2000's I think. Meade, Parks, Celestron, Centon, and at least one other optical company that also made eyepieces and whose name I can't recall. They were cheap and generally came with a photographic attachment instead of a focuser, but some were bundled with a T-thread (or whatever) to 1.25" adapter that allowed the use of eyepieces/diagonals.

I never got a chance to look through one, though when I was shopping for my early telescopes they were always on my consideration list!

Ant

Archived