NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from India

nagarajan

Hi nagarajan an welcome to SGL.

Many of my work colleagues and staff (LHR) are from India, Pakistan & Sri Lanka.

They love to tell me stories of when they were away on their annual holiday leave or honeymoon, or when they were children, with their parents and/or grandparents would spend nights looking up and exploring the night sky & Milky Way etc, without telescopes or binoculars.

Chennai. Capital of Tamil Nadu and Land of ancient Temples. Good to  know you visited Tanjore full of beautifull temple architectures.

We spent two days in Chennai. I wanted to see the goparum at the Kapaleesrarar temple; and they were magnificent! 

We made the mistake of staying on Besant Street - everytime we went out to explore and tried to get a tuuk-tuk or bus back to our hotel we would end up in BesantNAGAR, which is on the other side of the city. We'd probably still be wandering around there now if it hadn't been for the kindness of Chennaians who went out of their way to help us.

A Mr. Anthony Cruz abandoned whatever plans he had for the day, got off the bus with us, found a tuk-tuk man who said he knew where Besant St. was and rode all the way back with us, just to make sure we got there!

Nicest people in the world!

Dana

Thanks for your encouragement. my first project is to make a red dot sight using  a spectacle frame lens blank which has nice curved shape. the on on my 130EQ is little difficult to use. hope i will be able to assemble it soon.

• 7 years later...
On 23/01/2014 at 18:45, nagarajan said:

Any one wants any help from me in Chennai I will be more than happy to assist you. Spending one valuable time to sharing knowledge is amazing from you guys. continue the good job all the veterans are doing here

Hii Nagarajan. I am from Chennai too. Nice to find someone Chennai