Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wow……WOW!!!……WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!

Rich welcome to SGL and you have purchased a great scope.

I also live in Herefordshire about 10 minutes from the Lucksall site which we have used since 2009 and hope to continue in the future. You may wish to know that there is a Herefordshire Astro Society and there is a link in my signature if you are interested.

I notice that you live 5 minutes from Lucksall and the location from your photos looks rural so which Parish do you live in?

Send me a message if you want.

hey thanks mark, i've sent you a message :)

rich

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see such a profound reaction to a new scope. Wait till you find Saturn - the "wow" factor is 10x Jupiter lol. I've always liked the 10" - though never owned one - it's a beaut of a workhorse and will last for years (or until you catch aperturefever).

Smashing report - I could feel your excitement - and congrats on your early sessions. :)

It's nice to see such a profound reaction to a new scope. Wait till you find Saturn - the "wow" factor is 10x Jupiter lol. I've always liked the 10" - though never owned one - it's a beaut of a workhorse and will last for years (or until you catch aperturefever).

Smashing report - I could feel your excitement - and congrats on your early sessions. :)

thanks a lot, and yes i can't wait for saturn!

i don't plan on catching aperture fever any time soon though…but we'll see ;)

cheers

rich

What a thoroughly brilliant read. I have the 250 too and it certainly is a fantastic scope. Very jealous of your location but darkish skies are only a half hour drive away for me so I can't complain.

thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

i lived in the centre of london for a decade, so i know what those skies can be like!

cheers, rich

Hi Rich,

firstly, a fantastic report on the first light of your new scope.  The report you've written is exactly the reason I enjoy reading about other peoples experiences.  I'm still very much an amateur with only 12 months under my belt so still remember my first light experience clearly.  I'm so glad it's struck the same chord with you too.

I also live in Herefordshire not a million miles away from Lucksall.  Last year, I didn't want to take up a pitch on the campsite that someone else from further afield would have made better use of.  However, I did attend on the first night.  I contacted a few people on here and people were more than welcoming inviting me to set up on the front of their pitch for the evening.  Once done, I just wheel my kit away from the other observers to the carpark, loaded up and went home.  I had an awesome night though.  Depending on weather, I might look at doing something similar again this year.

Wishing you many more clear skies and 'wow moments',

Tony

mountainmadman

Hi Rich,

firstly, a fantastic report on the first light of your new scope.  The report you've written is exactly the reason I enjoy reading about other peoples experiences.  I'm still very much an amateur with only 12 months under my belt so still remember my first light experience clearly.  I'm so glad it's struck the same chord with you too.

I also live in Herefordshire not a million miles away from Lucksall.  Last year, I didn't want to take up a pitch on the campsite that someone else from further afield would have made better use of.  However, I did attend on the first night.  I contacted a few people on here and people were more than welcoming inviting me to set up on the front of their pitch for the evening.  Once done, I just wheel my kit away from the other observers to the carpark, loaded up and went home.  I had an awesome night though.  Depending on weather, I might look at doing something similar again this year.

Wishing you many more clear skies and 'wow moments',

Tony

mountainmadman

hey tony, thanks for the great reply. nice to speak to another native of the shire, i've met a few here now :)

that sounds like a great idea - wasn't sure it was the done thing just to turn up for the day without having a pitch, but maybe i'll come along if they'll have me!

all the best

rich

Archived