Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Halo

Noticed quite a large Halo this morning so tried to capture it as best I could.

Nothing special, just cool.

:)

post-8383-0-67067400-1389259768_thumb.jp

post-8383-0-96637500-1389259800_thumb.jp

post-8383-0-52750700-1389259823_thumb.jp

While the clouds helped with the halo I really wish they'd go though so I can have another crack at that sunspot.

Lovely images. Looks like you're getting better weather down your end, JB. Set up last night to view Jupiter only to be slowly swamped by a misty-fog which this morning has effectively reduced visibility to less than 100 meters. Looks like its settled for the next few days which is a shame.

Thanks,

The weather has been pretty good the last week although not great for astro, the last clear day was Monday. So while it has been warmish and blue skies the cloud you see in the pic has been persistent. By the coast yesterday there was a huge wall of sea fog, it hit my wife's work but didn't make it far inland.

Looks as if things will deteriorate this weekend though.

I do like the fluffy obscurer Jarrod - hope you asked for permission!

Permission was granted in the way of bribery with a juice box. :D

We have half a solar systems worth of them, one of these days I'm going to set up a mock eclipse or something.

• 3 weeks later...

I do like the fluffy obscurer Jarrod - hope you asked for permission!

Great halos..

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Permission was granted in the way of bribery with a juice box. :D

We have half a solar systems worth of them, one of these days I'm going to set up a mock eclipse or something.

@ JB80 come now this is safe place, and we both know the Fluffy Stuffy obscurer is yours really!!  :grin:  lovely images!

Archived