Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade etx 70 at

buzzlightyear

Hi to you all,

I'm new to this hobby but have been interested in it for many years. So this Xmas I treated myself to a telescope and purchased a Meade etx 70at. It came with a tripod and hard case and cost me £170 brand new which I thought was a decent price.

I know this telescope is not the top end of the range but wanted to try this hobby first before burning a hole in my pocket on a bigger telescope.

I now have used it twice (can't seem to get the GOTO to line up) and was wondering if a Barlow x2 or x3 would be of any use to this scope. It came with a 9 and 25 E/P and have just seen Jupiter and four moons with the 25EP but can't get a good image with the 9E/P.

I have had some great views of the moon so far from both eyepieces and that's about it due to the great British weather.

Any help from you guys on this site would be greatly appreciated.

Meade have not made the ETX-70 for quite a number of years, so how did you get a new one ?

You need to add information especially where you are in your SGL information, that way it is possible to supply information about that to enter into the handset.

If "new" the location information is either blank or a default of US West coast.

Meade have not made the ETX-70 for quite a number of years, so how did you get a new one ?

You need to add information especially where you are in your SGL information, that way it is possible to supply information about that to enter into the handset.

If "new" the location information is either blank or a default of US West coast.

I appreciate the point that you are making, but your post comes over as quite harsh for a 'welcome' message.

The scope was from Chris livingstone from Worcester and I won it on eBay. The scope is brand new and was being sold by Chris to cleare his stock. He also delivered it to my house in Ross on Wye which was very kind of him.

Thanks for the massages guys and will look at the Weasners mighty etx for more info on this scope.

Have tried to do the GOTO three times now but no luck but I'm sure it's me and not the GOTO as it seems to work fine.

Would love to know tho if a Barlow 2x EP would be of any use for this scope before I buy one.

Any help is appreciated.

Let's hope this weather clears soon!

Archived