SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New to stargazing, this is amazing

Just got into stargazing with a 12" dob and so far I have seen easily the Orion nebula, andromeda galaxy and Jupiter, Venus and mars, more difficult and I just bagged last night the crab nebula after ring nebula, tried to find a pinwheel galaxy no luck yet, but as read on someone's post, it the thrill of the hunt.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for your welcome, when I got interested in this was because I love to see the constellation of Orion since I was a kid and seeing the amazing objects shown by Hubble I was inspired to pay more attention to the night sky even though I knew I shouldn't expect to see the same it still amazes me and to show this to my kids and see their reaction to seeing the moon so close its completely worth it, clear skies to all.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just got into stargazing with a 12" dob and so far I have seen easily the Orion nebula, andromeda galaxy and Jupiter, Venus and mars, more difficult and I just bagged last night the crab nebula after ring nebula, tried to find a pinwheel galaxy no luck yet, but as read on someone's post, it the thrill of the hunt.

If you ever get do bored with the hunt, do a search for "Dobsonian Setting Circles" ...

"Wixey" (Angle gauge) etc. A non-destructive addition for the "manual" astronomer  ;)

M15 globular is also a good one - wrong time of year for the big globs, but its a nice compact one.and dont forget to have a look at m44 and m35, lovely clusters and really are good at this time of year! 

Yes, but this morning at about 6am I looked out and M15 was lovely and high at 44* in the East. All the Virgo galaxies were nice and high(ish) in the south. If you bet up early, rather than stay out late, you can treat yourself to some new targets. Come on those Spring galaxies!!!!

Archived