NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spare bits 'n bobs

Can anyone tell me where I can find bits and pieces for my Skywatcher 150p? I need bolts and washers for mounting tube rings to the dovetal plate, a wingnut and screw for the accessory tray, and a cover for the hole where the eyepiece goes into the focuser. I'm sure I'm not the first person to need bits 'n bobs but trawling around the net has come up with nothing remotely useful. Thanks.

Ian

Ian, to fit standard SW tube rings to the dovetail, you want M6 bolts, you should be able to get them from any hardware shop. I took a tube ring along to my local (non superstore variety) and tried them until I found the right fit. 

I think astroboot is offline for the moment, though it is a useful place for picking up odds and ends.  I like to use stainless when I'm replacing bolts and so on, but they're often hard to get in small numbers.  If all else fails, you can often find odd sizes available in small quantities on ebay.

James

Thanks guys, will visit the local independant old-fashioned ironmonger today. The toddler responsible for the missing parts has been warned that "if you go near Uncle's shiny stuff again you'll spend a few days in the dog crate!"

Thanks guys, will visit the local independant old-fashioned ironmonger today. The toddler responsible for the missing parts has been warned that "if you go near Uncle's shiny stuff again you'll spend a few days in the dog crate!"

Harsh but fair  :eek:

Archived