NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

"Oops".........well hopefully not `Oops` actually!?

After a lot of deliberating ( well, not a huge amount of deliberating!) I have just done it......... I have placed my order with F1 in Sittingbourne : 1 x celestron 9.25 SC OTA; 1 x EQ6 ; 1 x 32mm & 1x 17mm Ultima LX eyepieces; Power tank; & lens shade..........sincerely hope I`m deeply in love with it when I get it home, and I have a few good years of enjoyment from it...............support & encouragement gratefully received :grin:

VERY nice scope. I love the compact size of SCTs compared to their aperture. The 9.25 is a killer planetary scope (visual and imaging), although you might want a somewhat shorter focal length EP for that (in time). It is also VERY good on visual observing of all DSOs except for a handful of wide-field objects (and binoculars will serve best for many of those). I have spotted over 800 DSOs with my smaller C8, including 405 galaxies, so don't let anybody say a an SCT is only good for planets.   Looking forward to your first light report.

Agree 100% with Michael. I wanted a scope for my first love, the planets, but the 9.25 has reintroduced me to the wonder of DSOs and as well as Jupiter and Saturn I now have 80 Messiers since I got it.

I also agree re. the shorter focal length eyepieces- the planets and smaller objects like planetary nebulae benefit from them when the seeing permits.

Stridor - you will love the ride!

When you see it - your missus will be jealous cos you'll be admiring the scope more than her. Great choice that solves two problems at once lol :)

unfortunately it has got to point that I admire most things more than my wife; but that is giving away more information about our relationship than I really should :embarrassed:

Good choice, green with envy. I would love to have the 9.25 but on my wages, the largest I will ever afford would be the c8 and even then it would have to be second hand.

Look forward to your first light report.

Clear skies.

Archived