Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TeamViewer direct connection with LAN

Gina

I've been trying - with no luck - to get TeamViewer working over my wireless LAN instead of going throuhgh the 'net and back again with the enormous delay.  I did what the instructions said viz. Extras > Options > General > Network Settings > Incoming LAN connections and setting to "accept" or "accept axclusively"  the ID becomes the LAN IP eg. 192.168.0.2 but taking this and the password and setting up the control end to match gives me an error "cannot connect to partner."

No doubt I'm missing something simple but try as I might I can't find it :(  I know I'm pathetic at times but can anyone help please? :)

local firewall issue perhaps? allowing outgoing connections on port 80 but not incoming? 

Looks like you've got it configured properly for teamviewer - I'll have a play with mine at home and see if I get the same error.

I had the same issue with one of my computers, all others could connect except this one, it was Windows firewall that was blocking it, I could not find the correct setting even after copying settings from another comp, it just refused to let me in. The solution was to disable the firewall and install a 3rd party one.

Hi I had teamviewer running great using the LAN accept exclusively never had a problem,I was running MacAfee anti virus that controlled

windows firewall so no firewall issues. Broadband is with BT. We recently changed are hub from a hub2 to a hub3 then had all sorts of issues

including team viewer doing as yours is.We got the hub changed and while it sorted the other issues, team viewer now disconnects randomly,

I now use it via the internet still not perfect but have given up with it and am going to look at VNC

You don't have to do anything to get VNC to work on the LAN. It is the default option. It is brilliant! I cannot recommend it enough. Free, easy to use and fast. What's not to like? ! :)

Going to give this ago had a quick look but not downloaded it yet.It is asking for £19 for the personal version maybe a free version somewhere I will have a proper look tomorrow

Thank you for all the replies :)

Does VNC work with Linux and Mac OSX?

Not sure about Linux but my imaging laptop is Windows 7 and my viewing PC in the lounge connecting to it is a Macbook Pro on OSX 10.7.  Works just fine.  There is hardly any lag at all between the two machines on my network, both of which are connected via wireless.  It's instantaneous.

The other thing I like about VNC is that no crapware is installed and they do not keep bothering you with pester email after installing either.

Thank you :) Just been on the web site and yes, it does :)  I'll be trying it out :)

I have just installed it and it is running fine no problems and as Steve said hardly any lag.

Not sure about Linux but my imaging laptop is Windows 7 and my viewing PC in the lounge connecting to it is a Macbook Pro on OSX 10.7.  Works just fine.  There is hardly any lag at all between the two machines on my network, both of which are connected via wireless.  It's instantaneous.

The other thing I like about VNC is that no crapware is installed and they do not keep bothering you with pester email after installing either.

This is working fine Steve thanks for the heads up

Archived