Help me please choosing the right Barlow Lens and Eye Piece

nae8ean

Help me please choosing the right Barlow Lens and Eye Piece i can use on my CDR-King 50MM REFRACTOR TELESCOPE WITH ADJUSTABLE TRIPOD you can check the spec. of my telescope here http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=14564&main=167 i want to have better detail, closer look on moon and planet  :rolleyes: i tried to buy Barlow Lens Online but the seller said to me it will not maximize and not work on my cheaper scope i need to buy expensive scope wondering why and what is the different of expensive scope to a cheap scope. :huh:  The maximum power of my scope is 100x and i want to increase  like 200x (3mm) eye piece or 300x (2mm) eye piece "changing and lowering my eye piece if  will work on my scope all i know if i lower my eye piece it will increase the magnification of my scope but i dunno if compatible on my scope. " :sad: 

The maximum useful magnification for any telescopes is around twice the aperture in mm. For your scope, that's 100x, which you have. Any more would give a blurry and dim image without extra detail.

Your telescope takes 0.965 inch eyepieces - the diameter of the barrel that you insert into the scope. That's an old standard, nowadays only used for cheap scopes and eyepieces. To adapt your telescope to the modern standard, 1.25 inch, you need a hybrid diagonal to replace your existing diagonal mirror. Then, check the thread "eyepieces - the very least you need" on here for some advice on what to get.

So sorry to disappoint you but I have to be honest - that's a child's toy I'm afraid - not a proper instrument at all - and it's not worth making any modifications to it cos you'll just be throwing good money after bad and won't make it any better.

If you had spent 7800 Pesos then you would at least have an instrument that works - but it would be an entry level telescope for proper astronomy. Hth :)

(Based on shop price in supplied link and current exchange rate)

The manufacturers of your scope have quite rightly quoted a maximum magnification of 100x and even this is dependent on what is called the seeing conditions of your skies, here in the United Kingdom, on average, the atmosphere will reduce the magnification capabilities of telescopes, down to the order of something like 30x per inch of aperture, with the exception of extremely good seeing conditions. I am not sure what your skies are like in the Philippines and may well be better than ours, but even if they are, I am afraid you will not achieve the magnifications of 200x and 300x which you desire. To achieve magnifications of this calibre you would need to invest in a more expensive telescope with a much larger aperture.  

Perhaps if you can get hold of some literature on the subject of Astronomy, the subject of telescopes and how different types perform, this particular aspect should become clear to you. After all that, a very warm welcome to SGL, even if the information may be a little disappointing to you  :)

I have looked through a similar scope and im sorry but its a waste of time for astronomy and anything really. Cant believe people are selling these. The tripod might be ok to convert for small binos.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

:embarrassed: Thank you all for your all quick response and for helping me to understand my telescope :grin: I think i need to buy a better one and bigger aperture   :rolleyes:  I though i am wise to buy cheaper telescope that work like professional one :embarrassed:  but i was wrong  :tongue: Thank you all again  :grin:

I have another question on the eyepiece F6mm  "F" is Focal Length how about "H" and "K" what its mean example H12.5mm , K20mm. And another question someone selling me vixen 60mm (2.4 inches) japan made do you think i can see the Jupiter and Saturn using that scope like the seller said to me? here is the spec.bi2x.jpg

The letters appropriated to the eye pieces are attributed to H Huygens and K Kellner, both these optics were designed and produced quite a number of yeas ago, the H types are no longer used but often supplied with early telescope models and very basic types to-day as they will no doubt be cheap to produce. The K is still used to-day, often as the eye piece for finder scopes.

I am afraid that the telescope being offered, although of excellent quality, will still not provide what you want. You should look for reflecting telescopes with at least a basic aperture of 150mm and better still 200mmm, if you visually want to observe the Planets. One of the best models available for this purpose is the Dobsonian, very basic and extremely well priced for its performance and ability. HTH :)

Na8ean if you want to get great views of planets and brighter deep sky objects (galaxie, nebulae etc) then this is the scope that I would personally recommend. It's a great price for what you get and easy to operate. You can also add extras to it to enhance it/make it easier to use. It will keep you interested and motivated to keep going in the hobby for years to come. Hope this helps :)

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dobsonians/skywatcher-skyliner-200p-dobsonian.html

What do you think about this one is this good for viewing Jupiter & Saturn and what is the Maximum & Minimum of magnification for this? 

anyone here has a Skymap picture so i could easily locate the planet or star ^_^ and does the planet change their position every day on the constellation of the star?

2cnz4fk.jpg

KSON KTA80072U Refracting Telescope

Model: KTA80072U

Objective Lens: 72mm aperture, 800mm focal length f/11.1, air-spaced Achromatic lens with broadband multi-coating.

Tube: Machined Aluminum tube, with Pearlised White finished

Mounting System: Alt-Az Yoke mount with declination micro-adjustment.

Focuser: 1.25" Metal focuser with Helical Rack & Pinion

Erecting Prism: Built-in 20mm 45° high definition Erecting Prism, dual functions for astronomical and terrestrial observing.

Eyepieces: 1.25" F20mm and F6mm

Barlow: 3x Barlow

Finder: Red Dot Finder with two-position brightness control.

Tripod: Quick setup KT4 metal tripod , with 630mm-1080mm height, accessory tray specially designed to enhance stability of the tripod.

Packaging Size: 99x41x18.5cm

Unfortunately with telescopes and optical equipment in general you get what you pay for and the more you pay the better the quality. For the budget you have (based on the scope you have listed) I would recommend getting a park of Celestron Skymaster 15x70 binoculars over that scope. The scope will just level you disappointed and may affect your interest in what can be a brilliant hobby. It sounds like you want to get good, detailed views of the planets and cheaper scopes will not give you good views. Just my 2 pence worth.

Archived