NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wow - NGC 891 last night

nytecam

Two great sessions last night with dinner in between !  Did some more pics in twilight to the west [M13/27/56/57 + comet Lovejoy] and later more serious stuff in east later when dark - the bright 1st quarter moon due south [1/1000s shot below burnt out all but terminator] so no worries :cool:  Here for starters is edge-on gxy NGC 891 in And in 140s via the Lodestar-C - as usual no filters use.  891 is one of my favourites - is it on your list?   :police:

post-21003-0-86354100-1386669691_thumb.j

post-21003-0-17859500-1386670873.jpg

Like the ngc 891 think it would be good as a photo.

Like the way it draws you in visually. .very nice

Thanks Shirva and Paul for your interest - much appreciated - I'm doing a YT video of ALL my DSO stuff for December so far - may take a day or so - includes some of the obscure stuff like MKN50 and King 19 that I mentioned earlier and apparently ruffled some feathers - sorry about that :rolleyes:  

No problem Maurice ,

I'm all for seeing and being introduced to new "more obscure" targets , especially in M42 season ... :rolleyes: ... it was just the way you inferred that we were not worth showing them to that ruffled me .

There are a million and one things up there to see , give or take a few , and with so many moons of observing under your belt you must have plenty of gems tucked away in the memory banks to share with us less experienced folk.

Apologies for my rather harsh and hasty comment ...  :smiley:

Look forward to seeing those clusters.

No problem Maurice ,  I'm all for seeing and being introduced to new "more obscure" targets , especially in M42 season ... :rolleyes: ... it was just the way you inferred that we were not worth showing them to that ruffled me .  There are a million and one things up there to see , give or take a few , and with so many moons of observing under your belt you must have plenty of gems tucked away in the memory banks to share with us less experienced folk.  Apologies for my rather harsh and hasty comment ...  Look forward to seeing those clusters.

Hi Steve - we've all forewarned about missinterpreting posts so as no slight was intended I'll put it down to that :rolleyes:

The clusters you requested @ http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6250296&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=all&fpart=1&vc=1#Post6250296

Archived