Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CdeC & PHD minor blip

Purplehayze104

Hi All

just wanted to ask a quick question, when i start CdeC & connect to telescope i get the EQmod/Ascom box appear as normal, but when opening PHD & then connect to mount i get another EQmod/Ascom panel appear same as previous one ??? could anyone let me know if this is normal or weather theres a setting ive missed etc

any ideas would be appreciated

thanks

regards

john

No. Once EQMOD is opened by one program, another instance of it is not normally opened. It stays open until it is no longer needed by any of the programs, then closes automatically.

Try running both CdC and PHD as administrator, see if that cures it.

Hi All

just wanted to ask a quick question, when i start CdeC & connect to telescope i get the EQmod/Ascom box appear as normal, but when opening PHD & then connect to mount i get another EQmod/Ascom panel appear same as previous one ??? could anyone let me know if this is normal or weather theres a setting ive missed etc

Hi John,

Yes that's normal, or at least that's what happens to me whenever I use CdC & PHD with EQMOD :smile:.  EQMOD acts as an ASCOM hub, and it enables multiple applications to communicate with the mount.

Doesn't sound right to me. I've only ever had one instance of EQMod running. It should be multiclient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one here running CdC and PHD, I have Mount as ' On camera '.

Thats with camera connected to the mount ST4.

Just did a test.....if you choose Ascom then PHD will bring up Ascom........ on mount does'nt.

I might be wrong but I had interpreted the OP's description that CdC & PHD were displaying the ASCOM connection panels rather than a second instance of EQMOD being launched.

i.e. for CdC you get something like this:

post-5202-0-67195200-1386582290.jpg

and for PHD you get something like this:

post-5202-0-76598000-1386582289.jpg

Perhaps John can confirm or otherwise what he is experiencing.

I might be wrong but I had interpreted the OP's description that CdC & PHD were displaying the ASCOM connection panels rather than a second instance of EQMOD being launched.

i.e. for CdC you get something like this:

attachicon.gifASCOM Interface 1.jpg

and for PHD you get something like this:

attachicon.gifASCOM Interface 2.jpg

Perhaps John can confirm or otherwise what he is experiencing.

hi there

the pics you displayed of the pop-up boxes, they are the ones i see/use for connecting to my mount except on the CdeC one i dont use POTH Driver selection, i use the EQMOD ASCOM EQ5/6 to connect & the same setting for connecting to mount in PHD

hi all

note use to all this quoting thing yet,

but ment to say the pics of the pop-up boxes displayed are the ones i see/use for connecting to my mount except in CdeC i dont use the POTH Driver i use the EQMOD ASCOM EQ5/6 to connect, & the same setting in PHD when connecting to the mount!

Archived