NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Am I just unlucky with this Atlas...?! :D

emadmoussa

I ordered the Sky and Telescope pocket Atlas a week ago, but never showed up.

Why I'm disappointed? well, this is my second time to order the same book but it never showed up. First time a couple of months ago it got lost in the mail. And this time I made sure to pay extra for 1st delivery, but nope...never showed up either.

Why am I not supposed to have this Atlas?!!  :D  Somehow I'm  having more of an urge to get my hands on it right now... :)

thumb-84.jpg

I've ordered hundreds of things from Amazon and nothing has ever gone missing or not turned up.

One thing that does really annoy me about Amazon is that they don't take the money when I place the order. For two reasons...

1. I find something I want to buy, why I have the money to buy it. If they don't dispatch for three weeks I have to remember that whatever money I have in my account is less the money I've already spent at Amazon. At this time of year that's a bit of a nightmare.

2. It means that they store by payment details, something that is becoming more and more risky,

Ant

I've ordered hundreds of things from Amazon and nothing has ever gone missing or not turned up.

One thing that does really annoy me about Amazon is that they don't take the money when I place the order. For two reasons...

1. I find something I want to buy, why I have the money to buy it. If they don't dispatch for three weeks I have to remember that whatever money I have in my account is less the money I've already spent at Amazon. At this time of year that's a bit of a nightmare.

2. It means that they store by payment details, something that is becoming more and more risky,

Ant

Absolutely.

Ant

+1

Paypal do a similar thing of paying about 2 weeks after, annoying if you forget that money is going out :)

I once had a problem with a delivery that didn't arrive (non-astronomy related).

The company sent a second item which arrived promptly.

Four months later I opened up the cover for a small trailer in my drive way - and there was the item. Clearly the delivery driver thought that was the best place to hide it (without leaving a note),lol

I've not had delivery problems with Amazon. But then I am careful to buy from Amazon when possible - the website makes it difficult to separate that from buying from some random unknown who's listing their stuff on Amazon's website.

Archived