NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

OK - I pulled the trigger. 2 EPs on the way...

emadmoussa

I was lucky enough to have sold my old dusty model collection that's was sitting in the loft for ages. That left me with a bit of cash I decided to use for decent eyepieces. 

So..yes. I pulled the trigger on the Explore Scientific 14mm 100-deg & Televue Delos 10mm 72-deg.

Ordered from the U.S. and will be delivered to relatives in California. I should receive my toys in early January when the American folks come over  for a visit.

Both cost me just under £400 including VAT. So I'm thinking ..not a bad deal,, is it? Well..not cheap, but at least £150 cheaper than if I got them in the UK or Germany.

i wish i had got a 10MM Delos instead of the 8MM when i had my 10" he Delos will knock the socks off the Hyperion's in your Dob. Im stuck on a 11mm Nagler or the 11MM ES 82 :icon_scratch:

Dan,if you are going to to TV,it may be cost effective to skip the intermediate purchases,unless used prices/availabilty is good on the TV's.

Dan,if you are going to to TV,it may be cost effective to skip the intermediate purchases,unless used prices/availabilty is good on the TV's.

been offered a 11mm Nagler boxed with caps (waiting on pics) for £150  but i do love the ES range!  sorry Emad don't mean to Hijack your thread :p

Emad,

Well well, it is not that long back you posted something to effect that you were not interested in Televues in one of my reports, maybe it was only because you had better things to spend your money on and in this case I fully understand.

Anyway, congratulations on you purchase, I am sure you will love the 14mm ExSc and I know you will the 10mm Delos, nice call, welcome to the club.

Alan

Emad,

Well well, it is not that long back you posted something to effect that you were not interested in Televues in one of my reports, maybe it was only because you had better things to spend your money on and in this case I fully understand.

Anyway, congratulations on you purchase, I am sure you will love the 14mm ExSc and I know you will the 10mm Delos, nice call, welcome to the club.

Alan

Yes indeed. I saw the weak spots of my eyepieces in my f/5 Dob...hence the decision. Originally I was going for the ES 14mm only...then turns out with a little extra cost I could get another decent EP. So I took the plunge for a Delos.

Archived